[PD] Patch acting weird with Pd 0.46.6

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Jun 7 21:25:16 CEST 2015

On 06/05/2015 04:24 AM, Jonathan Wilkes via Pd-list wrote:

> For example, looking at a patch... *2 seconds of eyeballs doing their
> thing*... oh, there is the fanout.
>
> vs...
>
> Oh, _everything's_ a trigger.  Thinking... *2-2000 seconds of
> thought*... oh, there is the dogmatic trigger.

thanks for sharing your thoughts.

your numbers are pretty impressive, but i'm still unconvinced though.

in my experience, i have encountered case#1 countless times, whereas i
haven't seen case#2 *ever*, which makes:

- zillions * 10000 * 2seconds time spent debugging fanout patches
(that's quite some time)
- 0 * 2000seconds time spent debugging dogmatic triggers (that's not so
much time)

chances are, that when everybody had adopted my dogmatic use of
[trigger], case#2 could eventually be seen in real life.
until then, i might continue to preach the one true whatever.

gfmdsar
IOhannes