[PD] expr "copysign" function doesn't seem to work

Shahrokh Yadegari sdy at ucsd.edu
Mon Jun 8 08:08:14 CEST 2015

Hi Alexandre,

This seems to be a bug. I am not sure why I missed the 'n' on the name
either. As it seems that this function has never worked, we should fix the
name as well. The solution is simple as follows:

extra/expr~/vexp_fun.c

188c188

<         {"copysign",    ex_copysign,    2},

---

>         {"copysig",     ex_copysign,    1},

I checked the mailing list (I am sorry that I am not a regular reader) and
I see some concerns about the maintenance of the code. I am happy to fix
the problems and I thought I sent you a fix for the last problem you had
found in 2009. Can somebody point me to a document or a webpage that
explains what the best way is to introduce new changes to the pd source
base.  Miller, should I pass the fixes to you, or is there another
repository?

In the meanwhile, if there are other bugs in expr that anybody else knows,
please send them to me and I will fix them as soon as I can.

best,
Shahrokh

--
Shahrokh Yadegari
Professor of Composition and Sound Design,
Email: sdy at ucsd.edu
Web: http://yadegari.org
Tel: (858) 822-4113
Fax: (858) 534-1080