[PD] expr "copysign" function -- and submitting patches to Pd

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Tue Jun 9 05:49:18 CEST 2015

On 08/06/15 22:48, Miller Puckette wrote:
> The one bother I've noticed is that, if
> I commit something, discover a bug, and make another commit to fix that, it
> appears as two files in the git diff - I can't find any way to erase the
> intervening commit.  I'm learning that 'git commit --amend' sometimes helps me
> avoid this problem.)

On command that is pretty mindblowing (and sounds like it would work
well for your situation) is `git rebase --interactive` - it lets you
time travel to re-write/re-organise your commit history, squash commits
together, change commits, etc.

I know that Hans used this extensively when developing on Pd-extended
because he showed me his workflow once when I was staying with him. At
the time I was completely bamboozled but have subsequently come to
appreciate his wisdom.

Basically you can say "take me back to commit X and let me do-over each
commit from that point forward", optionally letting you keep things as
they are in later commits, change things, delete commits. If only life
and pd-mailing-list had such a feature!

https://help.github.com/articles/using-git-rebase/

Cheers,

Chris.