[PD] pd code debug

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jun 11 17:17:43 CEST 2015

On 2015-06-11 14:42, Marco Matteo Markidis wrote:
> As I know, gdb is no more present in Mac. I think it was substituted by
> lldb.
> Anyway, on gdb what is the correct syntax in order to launch your external?

you cannot "launch" an external.
anyhow:

on linu x i use:
$ gdb --args pd -stderr -nrt -nosound -lib /path/to/external test.pd
(gdb) run
[...run-until-crash...]
(gdb) bt

on OSX you need to specify the full path to the actual Pd-binary .
the important Pd-flags are: "-nrt" (if you don't want to clutter your
gdb console with "pd-watchdog: signalling...") and "-stderr" (in case
you print something important before the crash)

fgmasdr
IOhannes

PS: btw, check your args and the return value (or rather: whether the
offset of the t_int* is correct) in the perform routine.