[PD] Bad arguments for message 'loadbang' to object? Flext?

IOhannes zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Jun 13 13:43:16 CEST 2015

Am 12. Juni 2015 19:04:21 MESZ, schrieb "Peter P." <peterparker at fastmail.com>:

>Can I add as question:
>Why are these older Pd sources in the svn (src/Changelog says 0.42.0)?

Because someone put it there :-)
More serious: in the olde days, that was the place where official pd development happened.
And nobody removed it.

>Are they used to compile extended?

afaik, a lot of externals use the bundled pd as default header source.
Many will also search "standard" directories (/usr/include/pd), if the system has the concept of standard include directories (such as linux, bur not w32)

> Could I do without them?

maybe. Try it and tell us

>After running
>svn checkout svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/pure-data/svn/trunk pure-data-svn
>I see that svn has downloaded the following directories:
>
>"abstractions  debian  doc  extensions  externals  guiplugins  packages
>pd  scripts"
>
>I am wondering how could I tell the svn command to only fetch
>
>"abstractions doc externals"?

$ for d in abstractions doc externals
    do
       svn checkout svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/pure-data/svn/trunk/$d
    done

>and add miller's git as "src" directory via eg. a symlink.

why "src"? Should be "pd".
$ git clone git://...../pure-data pd

mfg.ugd.fhj
IOhannes