[PD] video mixer / short stops problem

fz at mur.at fz at mur.at
Mon Jun 15 08:01:18 CEST 2015

Dear all,
I am working on a video mixer and have a very basic problem.
I am on a i7 Win8 machine with a good graphic card. The played files
are .mov 1920px x 1080px files (max. 6000kbit)

So my patch hat 2 chains:
chain 1: [gemhead 2] -> [open videofile] -> [pix_film] -> [pix_mix 0]
-> [pix_texture] -> [rectangle 9 4]
chain 2: [gemhead 2] -> [open videofile] -> [pix_film] -> [pix_mix 0]
-> [pix_texture] -> [rectangle 9 4]

Everything works fine and fluent. Expcept in one situation:
If file 1 is playing and then you load file 2 (without moving the
slider) you can see that file1 ist stopped (for around 1sec) and the
plays on.

I can not figure out what the problem is, has anybody a hint?

thanks!