[PD] [text3dml] => text3d multiline with all accents

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jun 15 10:49:30 CEST 2015

On 2015-06-15 10:21, Alexandros Drymonitis wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 10:41 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>
> wrote:
>
>> On 2015-06-14 10:16, Philippe Boisnard wrote:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I have created a little abstract, usefull for me : [text3dml]
>>> I share this.
>>>

>> thanks for sharing.
>>
>> i wonder why you are using dynamic patching instead of just inserting
>> '\n' where you want a linebreak?
>>
> how can you use this? the '\' is not permitted in Pd, you get the "keycode
> 92: dropped" message...

'\n' is not meantas a Pd-literal.
it just denotes the line-feed character (ascii value: 10, usually
written as "\n").
how you get it into Pd is another matter, though quite simple...
e.g. to get it as a symbol, uise:
 [10(

 [makefilename %c]

but when working with [list fromsymbol], you get ASCII (well UTF-8)
values anyhow, so you can just insert '10' instead.
also Gem eats [string( messages that allow you to use unicode values
directly, so you can use '10' as well. be careful that when using [list
fromsymbol] or some other raw data, you might need to convert from UTF-8
to unicode, for which there exists an abstraction in the repository (and
i'm too lazy to search for it now; but it has been mentioned a number of
times on this list).

fgmasdr
IOhannes