[PD] creb's cheby~ could/should have normalized waveshaping tables

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 03:46:59 CEST 2015

Hi Fred Jan, I see you are also providing downloadables for creb's library.
Have you been working on bug fixes and its help files as well (or planning
to)?

I'd be glad to help managing ths library as well, I can work on help files.
I also have a few bugs and suggestions.

I'd like to start with [cheby~], it works great for the most part actually,
but it really should have a feature to normalize the chebyshev waveshaping
table - this is because it'll blow up pretty badly when the given
coefficients generate a table that goes over the -1 to 1 limit.

Since it's just too hard to calculate in your head the limits of the table
when giving the coefficients, the object could do it for us. I assume that
normalizing the table in the code is trivial. Perhaps a flag/message sent
to the object could turn normalization on/off.

cheers