[PD] any block size for video processing?

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 11:10:13 CEST 2015

On Wed, 2015-06-17 at 22:18 -0300, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> hi, help file of block says you should use power of two sizes for
> objects, but that you can use any other block size if there's no
> inlet~/outlet~. This is said to be "intended for later use in video
> processing" and I ask: how so?

I can't read Miller's mind, of course, but I could imagine that the idea
is to have arbitrary block sizes so that it is possible to match the
block size to video frames or lines of a video frame or whatever. Then
you could use Pd's DSP engine to process video data in real time.

Does that answer your question?

Roman