[PD] any block size for video processing?

Cyrille Henry ch at chnry.net
Thu Jun 18 23:48:58 CEST 2015

hello,

Le 18/06/2015 22:37, Alexandre Torres Porres a écrit :
> I was just wondering if anyone had actually used block~ in a size different than a power of two... and in what specific situation, for what kind of processing.
>
> It's not clear how it is supposed to work for video processing.

using the right block size we could imagine having a pix_dump~ and pix_set~ (for Gem image)

> anyway, it seems no one has ever done anything with it :)
miller did :-) to change a 3D geometry control points.

> it seems useless for audio, as most objects will restrict themselves to a power of two.
it is very useful for audio.
you can generated a lot's of audio data in one click. this data can be stored in a table, or in a wav file on the disk.
for exemple, enveloppe table (for granular synthesis, fft analysis, etc) can be generated in a loadbang.

cheers