[PD] Nettles. Was: cyclone/maxmode functionality usage

Fred Jan Kraan fjkraan at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 19 08:36:56 CEST 2015

Hi Alexandre,

> perfect, working fine in 0.42 now ;)

Anything to keep the testers happy :-).

> why do you have to declare the nettles? How come they cannot be loaded
> along cyclone? Is it like they are not part of cyclone anymore? it's
> kinda weird, I don't get it.

It could be my limited knowledge of how to handle real library objects.

The 'normal' cyclone objects all have their own file, and they can be
found by having Pd looking in the correct directory (by using
Preferences > Path... in combination with Preferences > Startup....)
Nettles however, is one file containing all the objects. You have to
load the nettles file before Pd knows the object names. [declare] seemed
an elegant way to load them. '-lib nettles' from the command line or
[import] are other ways.
Of course the nettles file could be broken up into the individual
objects, but I am just lazy. The changes I made to make it work outside
the cyclone library object are minimal.

> cheers

Greetings,

Fred Jan