[PD] is mass "music and audio by sequences of samples"?

Julian Brooks jbeezez at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 10:51:19 CEST 2015

"Could you please describe what you understand by this leap?"

Still 1st impression - not read the article properly yet.

It seems to be proposing a complete reversal of most things I've been
taught in the study of electronic music. That as far as the computers
concerned data is data - all noise. It seems to propose a quantum level of
electronic composition beginning to bypass the top/down element of
composing that is supposedly somewhat unavoidable. Less a sculptural
process and more, well, like code. Heady stuff (and I could be copmletely
wrong after a proper read through).

Going to the park with my 1yr old son