[PD] lookup~ (was: Update cyclone maintenance)

Fred Jan Kraan fjkraan at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 24 12:27:52 CEST 2015

Hi Alexandre,

> The help file acts as if the audio input needed to be between 0
> and 1, but that is not true, it actually is from -1 to 1, try it
> and you will see. That's the way it originally works in Max as
> well, by the way.

Ok, fixed.

> And now for a bug. When you specify an offset, it goes from that
> offset point until the given boundary. But the way it is acting
> is that it's continuing after the end of the boundary, outputing
> silence.

It isn't implemented as a boundary, but as size parameter. Pd lookup~
tries to read from offset to offset+size. Reading past the array gets
you zero's, as is customary in Pd.

Max 5 lookup~ appears to have it implemented as an offset and a boundary
or end-point in the array. So it reads from offset to end-point.

The new version will behave like Max 5.

> help also ommits you can use a set message to specify the buffer,
> like before

Ok, fixed.

> one more thing: there's a first argument which is the table size, a
> second argument which is a float for offset, and there is a THIRD
> argument that specifies the size of the buffer and is not mentioned (if
> it is not specified, it's 512)

As I understand it, the arguments are:
1 - array/table name
2 - initial offset in array/table (default 0)
3 - initial end-point array/table (default 512)

This is how the new help file specifies it.

Greetings,

Fred Jan