[PD] Troubles running Pd on Windows XP Professional

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jun 24 21:58:30 CEST 2015

On 06/24/2015 08:43 PM, Roman Haefeli wrote:
> I don't know why some systems have it apparently installed, others
> don't.

most likely because some *other* (unrelated) program installed on those
system has installed the dll into a system-wide path.

> The file has a size of 640kB (ought to be enough for everyone). Could it
> be statically linked so that it works everywhere? (I hope what I am
> saying does make any sense.)

it's not possible due to the license of that library.

(and on a more pragmatic side: microsoft only ships the .dll (that is:
the dynamically linkable library), there is no .lib to statically link
in the entire library)

fmdsar
IOhannes