[PD] URL Audio to PD

Francesco Redente f.redente at sae.edu
Fri Jun 26 11:52:53 CEST 2015

I there, I hope you are good. My name is Franky, I am new PD user

I would like to create a PD patch designed to perform realtime sampling from random URL-web (for example youtube or soundcloud).
Basically a WebAudio sampler, but as part of a live performing patch.

I would like to  send/bang random URL requests and capture/rec the audio stream, of such URLs, into PD.

I have been advised by my uni lecturer to  use " mrpeach objects in connection with a python script to run youtube-dl ".
He also advised me to mail this list to check if there are any new objects which will accomplish that, similar to the jweb object in max/msp 7.

Could you please be so kind to advice me the best way I should approach this?

Thank you,

Best ,

Franky

Francesco Redente
EMP Lecturer

Phone: +44 (0) 207923 9159
Web: uk.sae.edu

SAE Institute is accredited by Middlesex University, London UK. Students enrolled on a validated programme will receive a Middlesex award on successful completion of their studies. SAE Institute is a member of Study UK and a listed body on the register of the Department for Business, Innovation & Skills.

QAA checks how UK universities, colleges and other providers maintain the standard of their higher education provision. Click here to read this institution's latest review report.

SAE is the trading name of SAE Education Ltd.
Registered in England No 06647488
Registered office: SAE Oxford, Littlemore Park, Armstrong Road, Oxford, OX4 4FY.

CONFIDENTIALITY CAUTION : This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and contains information that is privileged and confidential. If you, the reader of this message, are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this communication. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return email and delete the original message. Thank you.