[PD] Troubles running Pd on Windows XP Professional

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Sun Jun 28 18:58:17 CEST 2015

OK... I've got a clean Windows 2K install running under qemu, and indeed
wish85.exe doesn't run in it.  The filehas a "manifest" that contains this:

  <dependency>
    <dependentAssembly>
      <assemblyIdentity type="win32" name="Microsoft.VC90.CRT" version="9.0.21022.8" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b"></assemblyIdentity>
    </dependentAssembly>
  </dependency>

(I'm finding this out using the "mt.exe" utility in Microsoft developer tools).
When I take the offending line out, wish85.exe starts up but immediately crashes.

I think I need to figure out how to recompile wish85.exe differently - I
had just used the build system straight out of the tcl/tk distribution.  This
might take some time...

cheers
Miller