[PD] [initbang] vs [loadbang]

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Jul 5 21:04:39 CEST 2015

On 07/05/2015 08:57 PM, Alexandros Drymonitis wrote:
>> saving the "dynin.pd" abstraction, will break it.
[...]
> abstraction. I put [r _initbang] but it won't work.

the trick is *not* to have a [r _initbang] in your patch.
the trick is to generate a message sent to the "_initbang" label.
this is a fragile hack, hence all my warnings; esp. the first warning
"do not save" is for real - and it's not because you will save the
dynamically generated objects, but because it will break the init logic.

and i would very much prefer if anybody who wants to use that trick
discovers themselves how it actually works (e.g. by studying the patch i
gave).

mgdt
IOhannes