[PD] audio into Open Sound Control message (OSX_ableton)

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Mon Jul 6 21:18:25 CEST 2015

* Michael-Jon Mizra <mmizra at live.co.uk> [2015-07-06 15:05]:
> Hi all,
> I wish to convert an incoming audio signal (from ableton live) into Open Source Control messages, and then feed these messaged back into live so that I can control parameters on my effects. I am using OSX Lion, and have the IAC Drivers working.
>
> is this possible, and if so where do I begin?
look at the [env~] object and its helpfile perhaps, as well as the
C07.envelope.follower.pd patch in Pd's doc folder. More complicated
analyses could be done using the fiddle~ and bonk~ external objects,
that are included in the Pd vanilla distribution.
Some scaling of the data derived would have to be done using simple math
objects like [* ] and [+ ], perhaps also [clip ]. See the patch
help-intro.pd for an overview of Pd objects.
In order to send these values over OSC to ableton (a)live, use
[oscformat] in combination with [netsend -u -b] and read their
respective help patches.

General sources of information: