[PD] compiling for Raspberry Pi 2 (was 2nd Pi 2 issue)

David Medine dmedine at ucsd.edu
Tue Jul 7 19:46:51 CEST 2015

Apropos of wiringPi, I have created a library for interfacing with the
Texas Instruments ADS1015 ADC on the raspberry pi. These are SPI devices
that come in 12 and 16 bit varieties. As far as I know, the wiringPi
library doesn't have functions  to interface with these chips (they've
got their own special SPI handshaking procedure), so I rolled my own.

These are really nice, fairly inexpensive little devices. They have up
to 4 channels per chip and can be programmed to operate in a variety of
different modes (differential pairs, different reference voltages,
etc.). Each query to the chip starts with instructions for how to read
the input, so you can dynamically change how you read in the data in
real time.

There is no Pd extern yet, but I will release one when I get around to
it -- or someone else can beat me to the punch. The library has
everything one needs to exploit the full functionality of the device.

The code (with the archive compiled for pi 1) is on github:
https://github.com/dmedine/ads1015drvr

Adafruit sells little dev boards for the 12-bit version:
http://www.adafruit.com/products/1083

Cheers,
David