[PD] compiling for Raspberry Pi 2 (was 2nd Pi 2 issue)

Ivica Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Thu Jul 9 17:41:30 CEST 2015

IIRC last time I spoke with the wiringPi author I pointed out to him how
the library was designed to make the app using it exit should the
conditions not match library's requirements (e.g. sudo access). While this
is perfectly fine when running the library through a standalone command
line application focusing solely on gpio connectivity, like the one
provided with the library, in the context of Pd it results in a crash
because such an acton results in a null pointer. His response to my report
was that it was designed that way intentionally and that he had no
intentions of changing that.

For this reason a while ago I released the disis_gpio external that
partially depends on the wiringPi library and redesigns the rest to allow
for the external to gracefully fail without crashing Pd. The disis_gpio
external is prepackaged with Pd-l2ork and its source (found on pd-l2ork's
github), together with the disis_spi external for mcp3008 A/D converter
should be fully source compatible with other flavors of Pd. HTH

Best,

Ico