[PD] array define read from file does not auto resize array

Billy Stiltner billy.stiltner at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 23:35:07 CEST 2015

I guess, your textfile seems to contain only one (or several) line
> with floats.
> A better way could be :
>
> yes , the textfiles were saved through array
the data was originally a space delimited list of floats sent from
javascript->JAVA->TCP->FUDI->[array set]
then saved by the [write filename( message to [define array arrayname]

> [read filename, rewind, bang(
> |
> [textfile]
> |
> [t l l]
> |     |
> |     [list length]
> |     |
> |     [array size arrayname]
> |
> [array set arrayname]
>
> Dont forget [array define arrayname] somewhere in your patch.

That is simpler.

> a note : if you use [array], you could use [text] instead [textfile].
> ++
>
> Jack

Thanks
I could use [text] instead I guess.
Does it auto resize?

It seems I haven't had any trouble with textfile or text resizing when
reading from file.