[PD] MIDI input time resolution

Cyrille Henry ch at chnry.net
Mon Jul 13 11:04:28 CEST 2015

Le 13/07/2015 07:33, Alexandre Torres Porres a écrit :
> Howdy, so I'm making some tests, and I see that my [notein] is sending notes at exact DSP cycles, which may make sense I guess, but is kind of a bummer. I'd like to know why is that anyway...

all pd control data are computed between audio block, it's not just midi message.

> And how about when you have several values coming from [ctlin] for example? Does only one of them get sent out in sync with DSP?
no, all of them. but you may have many in 0 logical time.

see atttachement :

the metro output value every micro second.
timer can attest that all value are send.

but if you have a look at the recorded wav file, you'll see that value are changed every 1.6ms on my computer : i.e : blocksize (64) / audio frequency (48 000)
in fact, values are changed 1600 times between every audio block, and stable for a block.

cheers