[PD] partconv~ outputs silence

Fred Jan Kraan fjkraan at xs4all.nl
Sun Jul 19 10:52:49 CEST 2015

Hi All,

On 2015-07-17 06:56 PM, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> partconv~ needs to receive a set message to set the table, otherwise it
> wont work with the specified array given as the first argument and it
> will crash. So it needs a loadbang to set the table. I contacted the
> author (bensaylor), who said this is a known bug but that he didn't have
> time to work on it.

Some time ago I ran into probably the same issue; how to load an
array/table at load time, while said array/table is not guaranteed to
have loaded yet. From within an object there is nothing like a loadbang
AFAIK. I ended up setting a timer for one second (clock_new()) and load
the array/timer when it finishes.
But the good news is that just preventing partconv~ to crash shouldn't
be too difficult.

> I tried to make a bug report on on it just now, but sourceforge seems to
> be down - i got http://sourceforge.net/error-404.html
>
> anyway, I see many objects and libraries have been kind of abandoned and
> I worry and wonder about the odds of someone else jumping in and
> maintaining them :/

Still it is a good idea to make detailed bug reports. Fixing issues is
much simpler if you know exactly what the problem is.

> cheers

Greetings,

Fred Jan