[PD] partconv~ outputs silence

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jul 21 20:40:38 CEST 2015

On 07/21/2015 07:11 PM, Peter P. wrote:
> * IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> [2015-07-20 04:17]:
>> all users of Debian packages, please always file a bug against the
>> Debian package if you encounter strangenesses.
> I reckon that users of compiles-from-svn then still write to the
> original authors, or is there another way of reporting bugs apart from
> debian-package-maintainer-reporting?

not sure i totally understand.

in general, you should report bugs to the *closest* upstream you got the
package from.
if you got the package via Debian, report to Debian.
if you got the package from Santa Clause, report to Santa Clause.
if you got the package from the author (e.g. an svn clone), report to
the author.

a downstream (Debian, Santa,...) should then report the problem to
*their closest* upstream, if appropriate (!, keep in mind that there
might be bugs in the Debian package that were never in upstream; e.g.
because Debian uses some special build flags per default; or because
Fedora ships a slightly modified version of the package in order to fix
another bug...)

if you are not using the Debian package, you also don't need to report
bugs with Debian. apart from the chance that the bug doesn't exist in
Debian at all, it is likely that you simply don't know all the various
downstreams (Debian, Fedora, Gentoo, Arch, Santa, Pd-extended, pd-iem,
...) from a package.

gfmdsar
IOhannes