[PD] Is there something like "adddollar" for messages?

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 27 23:50:08 CEST 2015

On 07/27/2015 05:33 PM, Alexandros Drymonitis wrote:
> Like the title says...I'd like to generate the dollar sign in a
> message, in a similar way you can use [addcomma( which will add a
> comma in a message. Is there a way to do that?
> For example, something like this:
>
> [10(
> |
> [until]
> |
> [f ]x[+ 1]
> |
> [t f b]________
> |                       [adddollar(
> [add2 $1(       /
> |                    /
> |                   /
> [                  (  <- this is an empty message
>
> So in the empty message I can create the following:
> $1
> $2
> $3
> etc.
>
> Of course this "adddollar" is fiction as it produces this error:
> Bad arguments for message 'adddollar' to object 'message'
> But is there a way to do this?

I like this idea.
I will implement it for you, but I will also add a place to type a
number so you choose different dollarsign arg numbers...
done.
Now I will sneak inside your computer and upgrade your version of Pd to
add this functionality...
done.
Now I will log out...
done.

Now try "adddollar 1", and you will see a $1 appear in the message box
below.

-Jonathan