[PD] Wiimote external not working any more ...

frank f.piesik at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 15:09:36 CEST 2015

Niklas Reppel <nik <at> parkellipsen.de> writes:

> Hi everybody,
>
> it has been a long time since i've been toying around with my wiimote,
> but i remember that it was'n hard to make it run.
>
> Now, i tried to make it functional again (on an Arch Linux system).
> Wmgui, hcitool sca, everything works fine!
>
> BUT, the wiimote external doesn't (i downloaded version 0.3.2 from
> puredata.info). It compiles fine, but discovery
> doesn't work (again, no problem with wmgui!). Ok, i can connect with
> explicit address. But still, only button data is
> processed, i can't see any acceleration data or IR data ... (i can see
> it in wmgui).
>
> A year ago or so, everything worked quite well ...
>
> Any hints ?
>
> Regards,
> Nik

Hi Nik,
I've had the same issues with the wiimote-object. I wasn't able to fix the
broken  discover-mode yet, but the other stuff works again by changing the
onoff argument type in the function name below from int to float:
static void wiimote_report(t_wiimote*x, t_symbol*s, float onoff)

I've uploaded the source here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gt5cydrkr1ja3a4/AAAOXqHRny1_3wcn9fnCDCn1a?dl=0

best,
Frank