[PD] gem advanced video keying

hi joson.android at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 12 15:13:29 CEST 2015

Dear Pd folk,

I am investigating options to improve chroma keying within pd and gem to use within a theater installation. I need more advanced keying features than seemingly possible with [pix_choma_key], like border corrections and smoother edge transparencies. The best thing i found so far is this:

http://forum.pdpatchrepo.info/topic/2953/neat-chroma-keying/3

very nice, but i would need more a quality like in readymade video mixers
Did any of you program anything like that?

Also i'm trying to find out, whether a potential setup with a computer with 4 HD-SDI inputs would be capable of keying 2 HD-live-signals at the same time and overlay that over one HD-live-background.

Are there any experiences (hardware and software) from your side, you could share?

I would so much love to make this happen with pd and not with an expensive video mixer i would have to buy.

Any help or ideas are appreciated.

Love to pd,

jonny