[PD] Can an abstraction tell of something is connected to an [inlet~]

William Huston williamahuston at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 20:29:43 CEST 2015

I guess I left out an important detail.

The control inlet is for PWM (duty cycle).
I want high resolution so I use an [inlet~] and drive it at signal rate.

So I actually must drive the [hsl] input with a [snapshot~].

If I could tell if something was connected at the [inlet~],
then I could gate the [snapshot~].

Or maybe I only update the hsl if I see that the snapshot
value is changing?

OK... I have some ideas now, thanks :)

Would still like a way to tell if an inlet has an external connection.

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 2:13 PM, IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

> On 08/17/2015 08:05 PM, William Huston wrote:
> > When I set up
> >
> > [inlet] -> [hsl]
> >
> > Now the [hsl] cannot be moved via the GUI.
>
> why?
>
> fgmards
> IOhannes

May you, and all beings