[PD] [cos~]replacement for webPd patch

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 24 16:29:41 CEST 2015

>From what I recall
[osc~]
is the same as
[phasor~]|[cos~]
So while there may be some trivial instances where you can substitute one for the other, generally you can't.  For example-- imagine having some more tilde objects between the [phasor~] and the [cos~] above.  In that case you cannot get the same signal using [osc~].  (Or at least it's not obvious to me how one would do that.)
Furthermore, the right inlet of [osc~] is a control inlet, while the inlet for [cos~] is a signal inlet.
Most of this info should be in the help patches.  (At least the ones I made for Pd Extended.)

-Jonathan