[PD] [cos~]replacement for webPd patch

s p sebpiq at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 07:35:54 CEST 2015

> Only [osc~] is a signal generator, and [cos~] the raw 'lookup'

Oh right! Makes sense ...

I believe [cos~] and [abs~] could both be implemented by using Web Audio
API's WaveShaperNode. The closest example is [clip~] implementation which
you can find here :
https://github.com/sebpiq/WebPd/blob/master/lib/objects/dsp.js#L892

[wrap~] on the other hand can't be implemented :'( or it could, but with a
ScriptProcessorNode, which means it would be slow, and I don't want to go
into doing this for the moment...

As Chris suggested, I'd be super happy to get a pull request (with tests)
... if you feel that you can pull it, otherwise I can do it.

Cheers

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 5:53 AM, Chris McCormick <chris at mccormick.cx> wrote:

> On 24/08/15 22:03, Julian Brooks wrote:
>
>> What I do think from the hints and suggestions given is that I've got
>> enough to be getting on with to make something approximately close and
>> hopefully interesting.
>>

> You could also implement cos~ in WebPd and submit a PR to seb. Here are
> osc~ and phasor~ for your reference:
>
> https://github.com/sebpiq/WebPd/blob/master/lib/objects/dsp.js#L90
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris.