[PD] patch runs twice from script

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Aug 25 23:00:40 CEST 2015

On 08/25/2015 10:53 PM, Csaba Láng wrote:
> Dear list,
> is there a way to avoid that a patch which is run from a script either from
> crontab or just autorun from the system runs twice?
> I heard about --no-gui solution, but never managed to use it on Mac.

i don't know how "--no-gui" is supposed to help you here.
it only might obfuscate the fact that two instances are running...

i can think of two simple ways to avoid double runs:
- setup a shared-ressource (a lock-file): when the script starts it
checks for the lock-file; if it is not there, it will create the lock,
launch Pd; once Pd is finished it will remove the lock;
if the lock *is* there, the script will exit immediately.
see flock(1) on linux and shlock(1) on osx.

- stop all running instances of the patch before starting it.
usually you would just do something along the lines of `pkill -KILL pd`,
before starting a new instance of Pd.

fmasdr
IOhannes