[PD] audio to sine and frequency divider (live)

Pagano, Patrick pat at digitalworlds.ufl.edu
Fri Aug 28 18:08:45 CEST 2015

?fiddle~

Patrick Pagano B.S, M.F.A
Audio and Projection Design Faculty
Digital Worlds Institute
University of Florida, USA
(352)294-2020
________________________________
From: Pd-list <pd-list-bounces at mail.iem.at> on behalf of Stu <studabomb at gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, August 28, 2015 8:37 AM
To: pd-list at mail.iem.at
Subject: [PD] audio to sine and frequency divider (live)

Hey List.

Consider me a noob, I'm using pure data (after a long time of not using it) for a current project I'm working on.

This is what I try to do:

Situation: The sound coming from acoustic instruments is picked up by a mic (no problem so far).

Then in pure data, the following things should happen:

1. Freuquency counter, displaying precicely the current frequency played by the instrument.

2. Sine Wave generator, that plays and holds a sine of the same frequency and duration of the source sound coming from the instrument.

3. Frequency divider, that divides down the frequency 10 times and plays a sine 10 times deeper than the original sound coming from the instrument.

e.g., If a sound is being played on the mic input of 1000Hz, pure data shows the frequency, and plays a 100Hz sine etc.

All should happen in real time without much delays.

Now my question is, is pure data capable of doing that or should I look for something else? I'm going to use an older mac book air.

Thanks for any advice here!