[PD] cyclone/matrix~ bugs

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 00:07:04 CEST 2015

Hi, there are some bugs I found when trying to use the matrix~ object.

First, in Max, when in mix mode, default ramp time is 10ms, in Pd we have
apparently "0", which is bad because it clicks.

The clear message should take into account the ramp time, but it doesn't,
so even with a big ramp time, it'll click. Moreover, it doesn't seem to
work properly because it'll stop the sound, but it won't clear in fact the
connections - so lets say you had something on (amplitude of "1") and then
cleared it, you can still send an off message (amplitude "0") to it and
it'll consider that channel was on, so it'll click back to "1" and come
back to 0. In Max this doesn't happen, because clear acts like muting and
setting it all to 0!

All of this is crucial if you want to use matrix~ as an alternative to
[polygate~]. It is the only option in Max, but in Pd we have to use
polygate~ because matrix~ is not working for that because of these bugs.

cheers