[PD] equality and void * pointers

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 2 03:54:27 CEST 2015

But if you trace error_object back, you'll see it gets created from an sscanfof a c string.  And that string was stored in the tcl/tk "text" widget as state boundto a <ctrl-click> proc (or in post-1980s version of Pd that I work on, a"hyperlink").
That state can persist well past the life of the object it referred to.  For example,the error_object could have been deleted by the user.
That's why I was generating a random long in my contrived example.  If we
cast garbage to void* and put it to the right of the equals sign, isn't libctechnically allowed to respond by serving Pd users a listicle of the top 10 Cprogramming references available from Amazon with free shipping?

-Jonathan