[PD] array-abs

Matt Barber brbrofsvl at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 19:36:37 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I wanted to share a project I've started for feedback. Since Pd vanilla has
included an extended set of array tools starting in version 0.45, I thought
it would be a good idea to make a pure vanilla set of array manipulation
abstractions in the vein of list-abs. Here's a link to what I have so far,
and some of what I have planned:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/45tk62dpz0z2mqo/array-abs.zip?dl=0

You'll find everything so far in 000-array-abstraction-library.pd, plus
some empty objects waiting to be made. As with most new projects the
help-file documentation is awful, but I wanted to make sure everything was
in decent shape first. There's a lot else planned (tilde objects, e.g.),
and a lot of extra detritus and temporary scratch files in the folder that
you can ignore. Everything that instantiates on the main file should be
usable, and include at least a working help file.

Some things will only work with the newest versions of vanilla which
incorporate the array min/max bugfixes from a few weeks ago.

I'd welcome thoughts.

Best,

Matt

NB -- I use one list-abs abstraction as an example in the
000-array-abstraction-library file, but it doesn't do anything; none of the
other abstractions has any dependencies except vanilla. No expr either.