[PD] comport rxerrors on W10

Martin Peach chakekatzil at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 14:38:00 CEST 2015

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 3:54 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

> On 2015-10-07 07:47, rolfm at dds.nl wrote:
> > IOhannes wrote:
> >> i just tested [comport] on a virtual W10 (running on a Debian host),
> >
> > so your host is Debian, mine is W10.
> > which tells what?
>
> nothing.
> i was merely mentioning the fact that my host is Debian for completeness
> sake.
>
> the point was, that i have a [comport] running fine on a W10 machine.
> so i doubt your assumption "[comport] buggy on W10".
>
> i'm aware that this doesn't help you much (since it doesn't magically
> make [comport] work on your W10 installation), but it adds a data point
> to triaging the actual problem.
>

> > PS i installed a fresh copy of Pd-ext 43.4
> >

> i used Pd-vanilla 0.46-7 with [comport] being installed either via deken
> or from pd-iem (probably the latter).

I get errors on Win10 as well. It seems that the read function always
returns immediately and getOverlappedResult needs to be called. I'm trying
to fix it but at the moment Pd on Win10 won't load my externals when I
build them with Visual Studio 2015 on a Win7 machine, so I'm stuck there
until I figure out why.

Martin