[PD] Playing Video with Audio

Etienne Landon landon.etienne at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 20:31:50 CEST 2015

You could use the -udp-slave option with mplayer, and send the timecode
from puredata. Just used that to synchronise 6 video players and it works
pretty well. There was no sound played by mplayer in my case but there's no
reason it wouldn't work.
The timecode you have to send is just the position in seconds, in bytes.
For instance if you make a counter, bang it with a metro at 40ms so you
have 25fps counter, then divide by 25 and send through moocow any2bytes and
udpsend.
If you want to see the timecode mplayer needs, launch one as udp-master and
connect it to pure data through udpreceive.