[PD] lower samplerate with block

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 18:50:53 CEST 2015

I thought the issue with dac was just about changing the block size to
anything other than 64 - when it shuts down and gives the "bad vector size"
warning. But yeah, it makes sense that there's a conflict issue like that.

Sampling frequency needs to be at least twice the maximum frequency you
> intend to sample.

Sure, but I was mentioning the case where the sampling rate was 1Khz and
the frequency less than 500Hz. If you do it, you'll still be able to listen
to 440Hz, but if you raise it up towards 500Hz, you'll hear it disappearing
very soon before reaching 500Hz. I'm sure I'm pushing things with such a
small sample rate, but it's curious anyway, and same kind of thing seems to
happen for higher sample rates, I'm just not good at listening to 10Khz and
stuff.

cheers