[PD] Improve the Malinette Framework

Jérôme Abel abel.jerome at free.fr
Thu Oct 15 12:56:50 CEST 2015

Hi Pd lovers,

# MALINETTE 0.9 BETA
After some months of work, the _Reso-nance Numerique_ team is happy to
share you the 0.9 beta version of the Malinette project.

The Malinette is a software and a hardware set. The software part is
mainly two things:
- a set of objects to learn Pure Data easily for children, students,
artists, ...;
- a framework to help you programming interactivity.

The website is quite outdated but you can watch the video on the home
page : http://reso-nance.org/malinette

It would be nice to have some comments, feedbacks of the beta version,
that you can find here :
https://git.framasoft.org/resonance/malinette/repository/archive.zip?ref=master

Note that we are using Pd-extended, we need all these libraries :
initbang, Gem, zexy, cyclone, moonlib, moocow, hcs, tof, comport,
iemlib, iemnet or oscx or mrpeach, motex, ggee, list-abs, mapping

If you never tried the Malinette, you can find some features here :
http://reso-nance.org/malinette/en/software/features

And here, all the objects :
http://reso-nance.org/malinette/en/software/abstractions/home

# NEXT STEPS : IMPROVE PD TO IMPROVE THE MALINETTE
To go further, we would like to discuss with any Pd developers about two
big issues : an easy cross-platform installer for all libraries and a
way to have some patchs in one window.

The first issue is very important because we make workshops in high
school or universities and they don't have Linux, so we are using the
Pd-Extended installer which is very great. But as I can see in this
mailing list it is out of date now. Some people are working on it, is
there a workgroup on this issue ? I would like to know more about this
and help as I can. Maybe we could find some money to pay someone if we
can't find another way, if anyone is interested...

Also, I think, on this issue, we could organize an _online Master Class
: Pd Installer_ and go deeply in building Pure Data to know all problems
and ideas.

The second issue is about controlling windows and GUI. If we could make
something like that, it would be really great :
http://reso-nance.org/wiki/_media/projets/malinette/interface-pd-malinette-fenshu.png

Best,

----
Jerome