[PD] fft~ bug in Pd-0.46-7-64bit.app on OSX

Matt Barber brbrofsvl at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 03:50:28 CEST 2015

Hi list,

There's either a major bug in the [fft~] objects in Pd-0.46.7 (64bit OSX)
or I'm going crazy. I'd love to see if others can reproduce it.

Basically, for [block~] sizes less than 32 bits, [fft~] doesn't perform --
it just passes the signal through unchanged. [ifft~] does the same. The
[rfft~]-[rifft~] is a little more complicated -- it passes signal through
but zeroes out the last N/2 for [block~] sizes less than 64.

See the attached patch, which only shows [fft~]. The saved contents of the
tables on opening are the results for [block~ 8] on my machine, for
quarter-nyquist at 44100.

I've never seen this before in other versions of Pd. Anyone else get this
behavior?

Matt