[PD] fft~ bug in Pd-0.46-7-64bit.app on OSX

Matt Barber brbrofsvl at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 04:17:18 CEST 2015

Looking closer, it appears the OOURA fft has special routines for n<64...
but it uses those routines regularly as subroutines in larger ffts. In any
case it looks like the smaller block sizes are intended to be usable in the
code itself, but Miller must've had a reason not to trust them. Here's the
main OOURA complex fourier transform subroutine, which calls a bunch of
others, which all call smaller ones. The Pd prologue code would make sure
that none of the smaller cases at the bottom would ever be called.

=======================================
void cftfsub(int n, FFTFLT *a, int *ip, int nw, FFTFLT *w)
{
    void bitrv2(int n, int *ip, FFTFLT *a);
    void bitrv216(FFTFLT *a);
    void bitrv208(FFTFLT *a);
    void cftf1st(int n, FFTFLT *a, FFTFLT *w);
    void cftrec4(int n, FFTFLT *a, int nw, FFTFLT *w);
    void cftleaf(int n, int isplt, FFTFLT *a, int nw, FFTFLT *w);
    void cftfx41(int n, FFTFLT *a, int nw, FFTFLT *w);
    void cftf161(FFTFLT *a, FFTFLT *w);
    void cftf081(FFTFLT *a, FFTFLT *w);
    void cftf040(FFTFLT *a);
    void cftx020(FFTFLT *a);
#ifdef USE_CDFT_THREADS
    void cftrec4_th(int n, FFTFLT *a, int nw, FFTFLT *w);
#endif /* USE_CDFT_THREADS */

    if (n > 8) {
        if (n > 32) {
            cftf1st(n, a, &w[nw - (n >> 2)]);