[PD] Set of objects for beat-oriented timing?

Spencer Russell sfr at media.mit.edu
Mon Oct 19 08:29:29 CEST 2015

Is there a set of objects for expressing beat-relative timing? I’m thinking of a [beatclock] that sends out beat messages and a set of objects like [beatmetro], [beatdelay~], etc. that act like their ms-based counterparts but receive the beat clock and respond to tempo changes. Probably a general-pupose [beatms] that just outputs the beat period in ms for use with objects that aren’t wrapped in the library.

If not I’ll probably build some, but I figured I’d check to see if the community already has something nice to solve this problem, as I’m sure it’s come up before.

-s