[PD] Set of objects for beat-oriented timing?

Liam Goodacre liamg_uw at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 20 06:21:45 CEST 2015

> > On Mon, 2015-10-19 at 02:29 -0400, Spencer Russell wrote:
> >> Is there a set of objects for expressing beat-relative timing? I’m
> >> thinking of a [beatclock] that sends out beat messages and a set of
> >> objects like [beatmetro], [beatdelay~], etc. that act like their
> >> ms-based counterparts but receive the beat clock and respond to tempo
> >> changes. Probably a general-pupose [beatms] that just outputs the beat
> >> period in ms for use with objects that aren’t wrapped in the library.

Spencer, check out my patch Context, I think it does some of what you're looking for. Coefficient mode lets you determine timing by the denominator, so you can get half notes, quarter notes, etc. Here it is:

http://contextsequencer.wordpress.com/

You'll need PD Extended, though.

> I've made an object that play list sequences, it can sync to itself,
> this object has been made to play something else
> than binary rythms, and it works like tabla language. If you are
> interested I'll attach it.

Patrice, could you post this? I have an interest in tabla, so I'd like to see what you've come up with.