[PD] PD on Pi: Another Boring Vanilla vs. Extended question

William Huston williamahuston at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 04:51:54 CET 2015

I'm sorry, I know this extended vs. vanilla thing comes up a lot.
I've searched the archives and can't find a simple answer to this:

First, I'm just experimenting with PD on a Raspberry Pi 2.
Was having lots of problems using my default Pd-0.43-4 (extended).

Soundcard stability issues, and weird problems getting all my
MIDI controllers seen.

I decided to give the latest vanilla a try (0-46-7) and at least my
MIDI problems vanished. Wish I'd tried this earlier!! Can't yet say about
the soundcard issues...

But new problems have arisin.... i.e., I've grown dependent on some
non-vanilla objects.

Is it possible to move over some of the objects I like without recompiling?

Is anything about the external libraries which are statically linked?
Or is everything about modules dynamic, and loaded when needed?

Thanks!
BH

May you, and all beings
be happy and free from suffering :)