[PD] GUI plugin for mouse wheel

Joel Matthys jwmatthys at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 05:02:44 CET 2015

Hello all. On the Facebook group someone was asking for a way to access
the mouse wheel in Pd. I realized that a GUI plugin could do it, and so
I put one together. Here it is, in case anyone finds it useful:

https://github.com/jwmatthys/pd-mousewheel-plugin

It sends the MouseWheel delta (+1 or -1) to [r mousewheel]. There is a
simple counter abstraction for [mousewheel] that outputs a running value.

It works on Linux and OSX; I think it will work on Windows but I can't
test it at the moment.

Presumably this overrides the default mouse wheel behavior.

Joel