[PD] deken (OS X)

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 20:00:41 CET 2015

> I'm just getting around to trying out deken. I think this will be a wonderful way to deal with libraries. I'm having some problems in OS X, though.
>
> I used deken to import zexy and cyclone. The help files appear in the help browser, now, but none of the objects will load. I've tried [import zexy]. I noticed ~/Library/Pd was not included in the search path. I tried adding it and restarting without any results. Am I doing something wrong?

As far as I know, currently Deken installs built libs but does not add them to your list of libs to load at startup. You need to do that manually.

Yes. If the libraries are updated to support building via the pd-lib-builder Makefile <https://github.com/pure-data/pd-lib-builder>, it should be easy. So far, “updating” seems to only require adding the Makefile and a template to call a copy of pd-lib-builder.

Deken makes this easy to do, see the readme: https://github.com/pure-data/deken#create-and-upload-a-package <https://github.com/pure-data/deken#create-and-upload-a-package>

Chris M started it with input by a small group. Recently, IOhannes has been working away with a large number of updates, including facilitating package storage on puredata.info <http://puredata.info/>. Miller has also expressed some interest in incorporating Deken into vanilla in the future.

> Thanks to whoever is helping to provide an alternative for Pd-extended! You are doing tremendous work!

Yes indeed.

--------
Dan Wilcox
@danomatika <https://twitter.com/danomatika>