[PD] What is the purpose of iemgui_raute2dollar

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 2 05:57:35 CET 2015

What's the problem with simply backslashing the dollar sign before sending
the message to Pd?
-Jonathan
     On Sunday, November 1, 2015 11:04 PM, Miller Puckette <msp at ucsd.edu> wrote:

 This does need fixing... it's a primitive escaping mechanism which needs to
be replaced with a "correct" one.  Unfortunately there are various places
in the code that escape stuff in various ways (to get strings past
the TCL parser or the Pd parser) and it's never been thought about in a
unified way.

cheers
Miller