[PD] fexpr~ block limitations - bug

Shahrokh Yadegari sdy at ucsd.edu
Fri Nov 6 17:50:17 CET 2015

Hi Alexandre, (and all)

Attached is a pre Version 0.5 expr~.d_fat compiled on OSX 10.9.5 with some
fixes.  I have fixed a number of the bugs, which are listed on the attached
modified pd patch Alexandre sent me. I am still working on the others, but
I thought I send this intermediate version to you to test if you had the
time, before I pass the sources to Miller.

I am not sure if I have picked the best way to fix the functions that were
supposed to receive one argument, but were listed as needing two, or vice
versa.  My impetus was to fix and drop the erroneous version which would
break any patch that has used them in the wrong format. I think it is
better to break the patches and inform the author of the new change. Most
likely, the original use did not behave as it should have any way, and it
is better to fix the patch.

I would be happy to hear from any experiences.

best,
Shahrokh

--
Shahrokh Yadegari
Professor of Composition and Sound Design,
Email: sdy at ucsd.edu
Web: http://yadegari.org
Tel: (858) 822-4113
Fax: (858) 534-1080