[PD] Dynamic Patching: Closing Abstractions without Save

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Nov 7 09:31:53 CET 2015

On 11/07/2015 12:45 AM, Thomas Mayer wrote:
> As I am dynamically deleting objects, the abstraction is opened, and
> then closed again using [; $1 menuclose(, with $1 being the name of the
> canvas set before with [namecanvas $0-r].

i always find it most inelegant to use gui interaction for dynamic
patching. will it work is you ever want to run your patch in with "--nogui"?

a solution for deleting objects (including the abstraction itself) is
using iemgut's [canvasdelete].
after loading the object, you can send a message to a canvas to delete
an object by index:

[delete <ID>(

[s <canvasname>]

obviously this is not Pd-vanilla any more.

gfmadsr
IOhannes