[PD] [packOSC] reentrancy problem

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 12:24:46 CET 2015

On Tue, 2015-11-17 at 10:58 +0100, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> > I see. It's not complicated at all on a patch level to make [packOSC]
> > allow reentrancy. See attached patch. I can live easily without it being
> > fixed in [packOSC].
>
> i forgot whether i already mentioned this, but [oscformat] does not have
> the reentrancy problem (though there may be plenty of other reasons to
> stick with [packOSC])

Thanks for the reminder. I think you already mentioned it. The main
reason I stick with [packOSC] (at least for now) is that the whole
framework is based on a /this/is/an/address syntax, while [oscformat]
uses 'set this is an address'.

The only other major difference I can see between the two is that
[oscformat] does not support bundles (I don't use them).

Roman